Saturday 18 February 2012

A thousand trees


I've got trees on the brain this month...
 ever since I went to see the exhibition, "A Bigger Picture". 

David Hockney's latest exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts in London must have nearly one thousand trees in it. I loved them.

I also happen to love "One Thousand Trees" by the Stereophonics.

So maybe it's no surprise that I have an idea of stitching one thousand trees.


Starting today:
Image: Ingrid


You don't need to be a tree hugger to appreciate the role trees play in our lives.


Postcards from "A Bigger Picture", David Hockney


If you have time this week take a look at the fabulous trees of the Yorkshire Wolds here.

Or listen to The Stereophonics here


Or just go lean against a tree, the bigger the better, to gain some strength through its bark.

Or take a photograph of a favourite tree and keep it with you.


I'd best be off now, only 999 trees left to stitch.




PS: If you want to know how I printed a photograph onto fabric read this post







2 comments:

Marji said...

wow. your tree is a beauty! I really love what you are doing in these last two posts. You are on to a winner with your printing on fabric!!

Jenni said...

Tree-mendous!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...